There are a number of very compelling reasons why this project can and will be a success:
About the Project itself:
1. The project produces benefits for a wide range of recreational pursuit: o the West Shore School District phys-ed programs o Recreation-minded residents and students in the area who opt for healthy options on how they spend their free time: basketball, tennis, pickleball, and softball
2. The project is relatively low cost, short in duration, & brings immediate, tangible benefits
3. When done, improvements to property should lend to increased property value to WSSD and residential properties neighboring the Park.
4. The location of the project is very accessible. Not only is the area in front of Hillside Elementary centrally located to Hillside Elementary & Middle School, it is easily accessible to youth who may not be of driving age, as well as to the surrounding communities.
5. The location is also highly visible, which lends to the asset not becoming a hang-out or a haven for those who don’t abide by the rules or the law.
6. Improved park becomes a “community asset”, and is the 1st step toward improving other recreational assets in NC
7. Project is consistent with over-arching Revitalization Initiative objectives
8. Fund Raising goals are achievable
9. Project will not start until full funding accomplished
About Project Sponsors & Supporters
1. The Bob Craig Youth Foundation (BCYF) is the “sponsor” for the project. Given the mission of the BCYF, this project aligns extremely well.
2. The West Shore School District is in support of the project, and the Project Team is working in coordination with the WSSD.
About the Project Team & Plan:
1. There is good definition of Project Scope and Project Plan
2. The Project Team is well-structured for the project
3. There is broad base of experience & community engagement on Project Team
** In short, Project Team has the vision, capacity, and dedication to get this project started & completed to the delight of the WSSD, the community, the BCYF and other parties involved.